View Single Post
PyschCentral_User25

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 01, 2019 at 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous57777 View Post
IB classes are very challenging. When my children went to school, they took a lot of AP classes which were also challenging. I know schools try to encourage students to take a lot of these classes but I recall my kids were taking a couple of AP classes their freshman year and by their sophomore year on were always taking about four AP classes--it was very stressful (they had 6 classes a day plus were in a performing arts school so they also were always staying late to practice their art) and I think some schools are pushing the kids too much. Some students may want this challenge but if you are becoming stressed--is it possible to take more non-IB courses next year? I am not say don't take any IB courses--just consider taking less of them next year. If you go to college, you can continue to challenge yourself there. I think learning to pace yourself is an important part of becoming successful in life. Just do your best to get through it but if you will still be in high school next year think hard about how many IB courses that you can best handle. For instance, if you took 2 instead of 4, you might have the time and energy to really get the most out of the 2 you do take. This is my opinion of course and you talked about your circumstances causing most of the stress I realize but look inside of yourself to consider how many IB courses are the best fit for your current abilities and lifestyle.
Hi there,

I’m really sorry for replying late, I haven’t logged into my PyschCentral account for a long time because I hadn’t ever received notifications or anything of that sort letting me know I had a response to this post.

I really appreciate you for having taken the time to read my post and respond to it.

Being a student, and hearing that come from a parent/guardian of another child — even though you aren’t mind was kind of helpful. It’s relieving to know that guardians/parents are aware that IB/college-level courses are a lot of work and rigor.

I actually ended up dropping out of the IB program. I’m doing one AP course and still doing honors. I decided to drop out because of just personal things going on in my life, and home issues — I didn’t have the mental/physical energy to continue with IB like that as much as I miss doing IB.

Thank you again for taking your time to reply, and for having read my post. I really do appreciate it.
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote