View Single Post
anushka

Member Since Jun 2015
13 hugs
given
Default Jan 02, 2019 at 12:59 AM

Hii...

Its been a year now that i am too depressed for anything. I have been to this psychiatrist a number of times and he has given a number of different SSRIs but none has helped at all. I have been into regular therapy too but that didn't help either. I am into a phd program and i dont know how to make ends meet. I can hardly get out of bed. I used to perform quite well in studies before but now i am lagging badly and my supervisor is displeased. Mental health is a big taboo in my country so i cannot tell him that i am suffering. Laboratory hours are long and there's no long holidays. I don't know how to put up. I don't even have a friend who can talk to me or support. My parents tries to be supportive but they lack awareness and end up invalidaing my feelings saying 'dont think in this way/dont waste the precious time of your life etc'. I have been trying hard to incorporate some healthy habits to daily routine but somehow i cannot do it for more than 2days (i think i might have ADHD too but the only ADHD medicine that's avaliable in my country - methylphenidate - didn't work either.) i have failed so many times to make changes that i am too afraid now to even try anything. It has somehow become an automatic behaviour, to fail after 2days so i cant even get myself to start. There's no help for me. I feel so afraid as to how to continue my Phd and life in general.

Any help would mean a lot to me.

Thank you,
anushka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MtnTime2896, skiguy18, unaluna