View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jan 02, 2019 at 04:07 PM

I'm sorry I'm not sure I know what to suggest to you. I guess the only thing I can suggest is that there are 2 ways things can change, with regard to the situation you've described here. One is that someone else will decide for you. (For example, you'll continue to displease your supervisor & this will lead to you flunking out, not graduating, being dropped from your program.) The other is that you figure out some way to begin changing your circumstances. I don't know you obviously; so I can't tell you how to go about that.

I know you mentioned you had participated in some therapy but it didn't help. I don't know how long you attended therapy. Therapy can sometimes take a long time to produce real & lasting results. Perhaps at this point, given the situation you find yourself in, what would be helpful would be to talk with someone (a counselor, therapist or academic advisor) about your situation & what you can do specifically to have some positive impact on it. I'm talking about a "nuts-&-bolts" kind of discussion here rather than a "touchy-feely" swim through your emotions, if that makes sense. Not that a "touchy-feely" swim doesn't feel good & can't be beneficial. But, if I'm understanding your circumstances at the moment, what you may most need now is help with developing a plan of action before someone else makes your decisions for you. And sometimes one simply needs another person to talk things through with in order to see a pathway forward.

Here's a link to an article, from PC's archives, that hopefully may provide some additional context for the point I've tried to make:

So, You're Lost? The Advice You'd Never Expect

My best wishes to you.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote