View Single Post
BigZen

Member Since Nov 2018
Default Jan 02, 2019 at 08:56 PM

Hi HopefullyLost1211,

Thanks for the reply. The one frustrating thing is that not one of my siblings ever wants to talk about the home we grew up in, which I assume is because it is too painful. Not sure if there is any connection between the environment we grew up in and that out of 5 children (my younger sister is deceased) only two of us are married. My oldest brother married, left his wife, and then 13 years later, remarried his first wife. They have no kids. I am married with two kids. I don't expect my younger brother ever to get married. My 2nd older brother was married for 6 months back in 2003, never told me about the marriage, and to this day has never talked about it: I found out through a friend. As for counselling, I do think it is important. I do see a psychiatrist here in Japan where I live, but due to the language barriers, there is not a lot of therapy that goes on, but more of him just renewing my prescriptions. I have learned that the most important male relationship my 11-year old daughter will ever have is with me, her father, and this will have an impact on her future relationships with me; so I am doing my best to be a good parent.
BigZen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57363