View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Trig Jan 03, 2019 at 09:57 PM

A long time ago, I was mugged on my way home from work. It happened so quickly. My arm suddenly felt twisted and I landed hard on my back in the middle of the street. Then I saw the mugger running off with my bag along with my keys and phone. I was terrified that the mugger would follow and attack me again. You are probably wondering why this story is on 'The Kindness of Strangers' thread. Well, there was a store nearby where I often shopped. I used to chat with the owner, a quiet and respectful man. He was an immigrant, working hard to support his family. The only thing I thought to do after I was mugged was to run to that store. The owner knew something was wrong right away. He closed his store, drove me to my home, then waited to be sure that my roommate let me into the building. "Don't worry, I not go nowhere...you check...I stay right here...you safe now." I hope that he and his family are safe and well now wherever they are. And I hope that the young guy who mugged me eventually found a different path in life. I hope he is safe and found peace.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, Sunflower123