View Single Post
Anonymous57363
Anonymous57363 has no updates. Edit

Default Jan 04, 2019 at 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD1980 View Post
I have a significant history of getting hit in the head. As I got older, I developed a tendency to get headaches when I am very stressed out. I get angry when I get a headache because it reminds me of my childhood trauma of getting hit in the head.

Is there a natural cure for headache? I'm looking for either something I can take or a meditation exercise or technique. I have taken pain relievers but I don't want to take them on a weekly basis. It has now gotten to the point where even a small amount of stress can give me a headache.
I was in an awful cycle of headaches and migraines related to stress and hormonal imbalance. After regular acupuncture sessions with a wonderful TCM doctor (PhD) all of my headaches and migraines are gone. I no longer even fill my Immitrex Rx because I no longer need it.

And I think your instincts are right...it is not good to be taking pain relievers on a regular basis. That can cause more problems. I take a holistic view of health. Mind, body, and spirit work together in harmony. When something is out of balance, body communicates need via symptoms. Particularly with recurring headaches, it is important to address the underlying cause. Acupuncture has helped me with several problems and there are zero side effects. Just know that it does take more than one session to restore the body's balance. Though I was amazed that my sinus infections were eliminated after 4-5 sessions. My migraines (which had been a debilitating problem for years) were gone after ~ a month.

I also meditate every day. I just use guided meditation videos on YouTube. I even do it during my acupuncture sessions...that is when the central nervous system is most relaxed...very important for wellness and immunity.

I understand that you get angry d/t the association you have with headaches and childhood trauma...and yes, someone else pointed out that you may be living with traumatic brain injury or multiple concussions...those can lead to headaches but I don't know the extent of the physical assault you encountered. I think it's really important to be patient and kind to your body. Your body is trying to communicate a need to you.

Peace and healing energy to you.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
KD1980

Thanks for this!
Yzen