View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,414 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 04, 2019 at 09:51 AM

Thank you so much for your advice and opinions. It really does help.

I know I can't control whether or not I get attached. I just don't want to. I actually hated current T in the beginning of our relationship because I never felt like she listened to me, and part of me still was hanging onto ex-T. T kept good clear boundaries, which also slowed how fast I got attached. But in the end, I did get attached. She fit the description of the type of person that I attach to, so it's not really a surprise. But if I'm going to attach to someone new, I'm going to feel like I'm cheating on my T. I know logically, she prefers me to attach to someone else as well as her. She also told me to give the T a chance even if I hate them at first.

I don't want to switch part-time Ts while T is gone. I want T's blessings for part-time T. I think that would make me more comf with part-time T.

I will be signing a release for the two Ts to talk. I want them to be on the same page. I always sign a release for my T with Pdocs, doctors, and Ts. I also have to if I want a dual session with them.

T has a male T in mind. She's never actually met him, but has heard good things about him from an office mate of his. She says he enjoys working with BPD. I'm going to try him out first. Then my pcp gave me a name of a T who works with a lot of her clients. And worst case, I turn to psychology today. But I don't have a lot of money, so I don't have the luxury of trying out a lot of Ts who don't accept my insurance.

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127