View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 04, 2019 at 11:09 AM

heres why I dont read and rely on the reviews I find , dont even read them....

whats good to one person is not good to another... we all have different reasons why we are looking for something, a movie, a book, a doctor.... my reasons for finding things may not be another persons reasons.

anyone can be any one online. just because a person does a review for a movie, book or treatment provider does not mean they actually have personal experience in reading that book, seeing that movie or being that treatment providers client.

Any one who is writing reviews can have alterior motives for doing so, there are companies like telemarketing that hires people to do reviews and it doesnt matter what they say in the review, they just have to put in their hours like any other job or show proof that they wrote so many reviews that day. some do depend upon getting results for payment but again there is nothing stopping someone from logging on as another person and clicking like on the reviews to jack up their pay (not saying you do this, just that I know someone who;s job is to do that jack up the reviews so that this or that gets priority that day)

I consider reviews like those tv commercials or inline ads and telemarketers. they are annoying and I will make up my own mind based on why I am going to see that movie, read that book or buy that product. ...

let me give you an example...one time I was looking online for a movie to take my children to.. the reviews said it was a great family movie, its horrid, its ok..... good thing I go see movies before I take my children to it because despite what all the fantastically worded reviews were saying was far wrong for me and my family. for my family I found it to be a very distasteful movie, and the animation to be choppy, sloppy and would not have held my childrens interests. I am guessing a great many of the reviews for that movie was not one where the reviews had actually spent their money to go see. more than one review didnt contain any real elements from the movie other than the trailer and what you find online.

my suggestion is not to worry about how others dont mark your reviews with stars. most people dont mark reviews. they find what they are looking for then get offline and go but that item, go see that movie and so on or not based on what they want to do in their own lives. everyone has different reasons why they are looking for what ever they are looking for and its not gonig to match up with reviews any way.

if you get paid per ratings my suggestion is before making a review of each movie take time to actually go see the movies then write a review that is different than the millions of other reviews out there. put into your reviews something about things that most people would put into it, no trailer info, be different. someone I know spends about 400 a month actually seeing movies in theaters, then writing reviews that are totally different than what most reviews contain. they find that obscure moment in the movie that has not been in the trailers, commercials or clips on youtube. and writes something about that. this is how they get the max stars every time.
amandalouise is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
LiteraryLark, MickeyCheeky