View Single Post
alcollins

Member Since Jan 2019
Trig Jan 05, 2019 at 03:08 AM

So my dreams recently have kept me from wanting to go to bed. When I was still in therapy, my counselor suggested they're from PTSD, but never explicitly explained what they meant, or what causes them to start.

Precursor: I left my immediate family Oct. 2018 on very bad terms. I had to take the most important things in a single storage bin. I lived with friends and now on my own ever since then.

General dream: I'm back home with my family. I'm being treated the way they always treated me-- like the bottom of the food chain. They gossip about people they say they love, and yell or punish me as if I wasn't gone for a year. I wonder why I'm back, as I believe my friends who helped wouldn't let me start over and stay with them again.

A more detailed scenario in a recent dream of this pattern:
Possible trigger:

I don’t know if it is anything more than my brain processing things to an extreme, or if there is something more going on that I’m not catching. The other dream when it’s not so specific is the driving with no brakes. I’ve read what that means, but I don’t know if those are tied together or not. Has anyone else had recurring dreams similar to this? Were they told what it meant, more than just “past traumas”?
alcollins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01, LeeeLeee, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, LeeeLeee, MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks