View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,399 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 05, 2019 at 10:42 AM

He does have his PhD. That could explain the four degrees especially if he got his AA.

He looks young too, not just that he graduated 2-3 years ago.

True that I might not feel as guilty about attaching to him since he's a different gender than T. My fear with attaching to a man is I might confuse attachment with attraction. Not physical, but emotional. It will basically be the second time I've had a male T. First one was a DBT group T. He was young too, and not skilled. But he was nice. I had one individual session with him, and it was good.

T and ex-T are/was close to my age. Ex-T was a year younger and T is a few years older than me. I also like having someone closer to my age. But this T seems to be in his late 20's

There is one other thing that might be a good thing. He says he helps with religious and spiritual problems. I'm hoping that applies to non-christian people. He does state that he's Christian. I don't want to be converted back. But if he can help me come to terms with my beliefs, that could be a blessing in disguise.

I know I'm nitpicking him. And I know it's because I don't want another T. But his modalities are almost perfect for me and he does treat BPD. You're right that he might be more enthusiastic and up to date (though my T is continually taking classes to be up to date as well. He is a different gender than T which might be a good thing.

I'll just have to see how he responds and go from there. If he has availability and is willing to see me, I'll ask more questions.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight