Thread: Inconsistency
View Single Post
Anonymous55498
Anonymous55498 has no updates. Edit

Default Jan 05, 2019 at 11:59 AM

I've never had a T that sexualized my therapy (had one who did a lot of gaslighting in other ways). But based on my experiences in other relationships that were not supposed to have anything sexual/romantic, where people did this, it was exactly like you describe in the OP. I would say that if you have this recurring feeling and perception, it is probably not unfounded. In my case, I could resolve it a few times simply by not reacting to those subtle (or less subtle) attempts at all. Other times I would just tell them straight that I don't like that behavior and have zero interest. People might try a few more times but then often give up in the absence of reinforcement and then we could continue with the real focus of the connection. I imagine there are people so aggressive/obsessed that they won't give up, but that is extreme. The problem is more when you respond/engage/allow it, that reinforces their motives.

In the case of a therapist - has he been useful to you at all? If not, I would definitely dump him. If he is useful in other ways, maybe the above strategy and stay firm and uncompromising with it.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
blackocean