View Single Post
Anonymous32891

Default Jan 05, 2019 at 02:29 PM

I had a blind cat (Ebony) if me talking you through helping a blind pet settle in would be helpful?

One of the most important things about having a blind pet is never move furniture around in the house - the blind pet won't be able to know it's there until he/she walks into the item. I had that with poor Ebony when she went blind, I bagged up some stuff for the charity shop before knowing she was blind and left it beside one of the chairs. Ebony didn't realise it was there and walked straight into the bags, panicked thinking the scary Bag Monster was trying to "get" her and it took me physically going over there and kindly talking to her and letting her smell me before she calmed down.

Furbaby Tigger became "guide cat" for Ebony and used to help her get up and down the stairs, find her food, etc, before Ebony got sicker and ended up no longer even knowing where she was walking cause of what she had wrong with her we think she couldn't feel her paws any more so didn't know where she was putting them

Three paragraphs so I better add this to make it four
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
possum220