Thread: Forgiveness
View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Jan 05, 2019 at 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonwalter201 View Post
To my father who is in an alcoholic that I have always wanted to feel love and acceptance from. To very dear friend that doesn't make me feel love, acceptance and a part of their life, and to my husband who has said some very hurtful things over the years. Why is it that we need to feel love and acceptance from others to love ourselves?
Hi Shannon, I am sorry to hear of your struggles. It is very painful when we seek love and acceptance and don't always find it. Personally, I believe that we must love ourselves first. Then we can share our love with others. I think if someone is seeking acceptance from others, then perhaps they do not fully accept themselves yet. When you truly love yourself, it will of course hurt if someone is unkind or disrespectful but it will not change your perception of your worth. Sort of the other way round from what you said.

If you'd like to discuss that more, feel free to shoot me a message. Thank you for participating in the forgiveness thread. Peace and positive energy to you You deserve unconditional love and happiness.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote