View Single Post
beauflow
-------no titles please--

Member Since Jul 2011
15.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 05, 2019 at 04:11 PM

I relate to a lot of this, especially with making my own rules and having trouble obeying other rules, ... but I could just be rebel ((oh but I am, but in a kind way)).
back in February 2018 I posted ramblings about a memory that I do forget.
In short- when I was a kid, my dad told me ADHD was a made up dx and that I just needed to try harder. This after having a test in elementary school from people. Etc etc etc.. was a kid and I don't recall it all.
What he said stuck with me so much. I don't believe him btw, I believe ADHD is real. but what he said has stuck with me. Just need to try harder, even when my best isn't good enough.

The last pdoc I saw, I mentioned "what about ADHD or ADD?"
I was told- "your always on time for appointments " ...
I felt so dismissed that I didn't go into the hell I was putting myself into at the time, to be on time ((so much anxiety, and core belief of always having to present myself))..
she went with the three diagnosis I keep getting adding on a fourth one. ((Which if I told her my hell, well it supported her opinion I'm sure)).

Strangely when reading more about bipolar, ADHD traits or common symptoms for both can be present in some.

However, Strangely my nephews , I'v been told are dx with ADHD...
Idk anymore, I wish there was still some thing more solid for everyone with testing and diagnosing.