View Single Post
Anonymous40258

Default Jan 05, 2019 at 05:00 PM

In my experience, many common symptoms are present in more than one diagnosis. And many symptoms are common simply because they are normal struggles.

I am not sure what "always being in time for your appointments" is do with ADHD, but for me, I like to be on time for my appointments. But, I also need the freedom to make that decision for myself. Understanding that freedom is a privilege, and wasting someone else time is rude. Don't blame yourself. Just because you weren't present, doesn't mean your absence of presence wasn't "the right thing to do".

I wish someone could explain to me how diagnosis change so frequently. Is diagnosis just a means to an end, or are they supposed to define who we are and what we have "been through". For what reasons? Like anyone else, I could not know that exactly. But, I need to feel safe, so I seek professional comfort.

I feel it is most important to treat symptoms at hand (this is a mental health forum, yes?). I prefer a straightforward approach, and need to feel in control of my mind and body. Therefore, I choose a natural approach. I also feel that if you are going to put your trust in a professional, it is important that you trust them and their professional opinion.

(ADHD) meds are not for me. I am glad I tried them. Working through symptoms helped me and I hope, may be a jumping off point for someone else. Thanks for listening
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
beauflow