View Single Post
Anonymous46912

Default Jan 05, 2019 at 07:27 PM

As someone with very poor attatchment and used to a lack of attunement and poor care in general actually figuring out if your T is good or not is proving difficult.

Context- Been seeing them for 3 years. I find opening up very hard and so its been a slow 3 years. I am starting to trust them more. I have disclosed more and feel more comfortable.

Pros: They remember everything and know my history inside out. They have been through some key events with me and I find having someone automatically know this context very reassuring. There is a reason I have stayed with them for 3 years, usually I runaway. i genuinely feel the absolute positive regard and she is very generous in session with her time.

Cons: I question their method. There is very little structure. They never asked me key questions at the start and have only just found out i selfharm etc. When I dissociate they asked me whilst i am dissociating when i started dissociating. I don't think this is very aware behaviour from a therapist. Am I just still with them because we aren't actually getting anywhere and I am not facing anything. Surely after 3 years I should have made some progress?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, LonesomeTonight, Out There