View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Jan 06, 2019 at 08:28 AM

I have searched for a thread on this but no luck.

How is work going along? Is it affecting your mental health? Are you able to achieve a work/life balance? Have you advised your employer of your health? Have they been supportive or accommodating of your needs?

I returned to work four months ago and it is not going well. My anxiety is sky high and I often panic. I hate the job, I am scared of the job, but I have no choice. I have been looking for other employment to no avail. I am lucky then to have this one.

The problem is there is a huge lack of training and support. I keep having new duties slapped upon me without the preparation to teach and assist me. I keep getting thrown to the wolves and it feels as though they are throwing me under the bus instead of setting me up for success. I have a great deal of leadership and management experience so I know this is wrong and I know how it ought to be. So add in the infuriation into the mix.

I ask for assistance and all I get is a verbal list of things I should do. Messages are mixed and no answer is concrete - things like take the form and complete it without instructions as to how or even where to obtain it. There is no effort made to make sure I understand what is required and how to do it either. Verbally, and curtly, listing off the duties is not training me. They should be written down. I should have an opportunity to learn them first (job shadowing would be a good idea). Showing me and demonstrating the way to perform the duties should be occuring. This is all so wrong. Do they want me to fail because it sure feels like they don't want me to succeed.

I also informed my employer I have PTSD related to being assaulted on the sales floor by a customer in a previous work place. I explained too that there had at the time been a very real concern of stalking. That workplace supplied a security person to walk me to and from my vehicle. I parked at the door. At my present workplace we are not allowed to park in the store parking lot. The store is newly built and is on the edge of the city in an empty field all around. Getting to my car involves a long walk in the dark far out of sight of the exit door. I asked if I could be permitted to park in the lot near the door. Nope. Their response to 'accommodate' me was to tell me to wear a safety vest. This is the sort of leadership I deal with.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40258, Marla500, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky