View Single Post
Anonymous46369

Mad Jan 06, 2019 at 10:23 AM

I don't have BPD myself, but my girlfriend does and there's an aspect of her behaviour that has always baffled me. It's her sense of entitlement and accompanying rage.

The latest incident happened around Christmas. She dumped me the day before Christmas eve. Nothing new there particularly. She basically dumps me every time we part company. After Christmas she got back in touch and the first thing she asks is if she can borrow some money because she's gone overdrawn. I had £20 in my wallet that my mum had given me for Christmas, so I gave it her on the condition that she paid me back. She promised that she would and said thank you.

A few days later, on new years eve, we met up and went for a meal and some drinks. She paid for the meal and I paid for the drinks. Roughly £20 each. She asked if buying the meal could count as paying me back and I said okay. I think that was a nice thing to do. Instead of insisting on being paid back, that money had been used to treat her.

Apparently she didn't see it that way. The next day, she started accusing me of being selfish for expecting her to pay me back. When I bought up the fact that we were already settled up, she said the point still remains and started getting aggressive with me.

I don't really understand the thought process behind this? I did something nice for her . I basically gave her £20, or at least treated her to a night out since she was using my money to pay for it, but for some reason I'm a villain?

When I've asked her about it, she's gone through every excuse in he book to insult and coerce me, from the fact that i have more money and should give it to her out of "fairness", to accusing me of taking advantage of her kindness, to paying her compensation for mental anguish.

This is just one incident, but this kind of entitled behaviour is pretty common. I could give other examples, some much more sever than this one, but I'll refrain.

What's the deal here?

Last edited by Anonymous46369; Jan 06, 2019 at 10:46 AM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57363