Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,422 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 06, 2019 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I think it’s perfectly fine to look up persons credentials and go on their professional website. I think looking up their professional FB page is fine too. Looking up if they are married is fine too as it’s important. But I’d refrain from going on guy’s wife’s Facebook page. She isn’t your therapist so I’d avoid that.

Also if you really don’t want to get attached, maybe staying off his personal life like his wife’s page could help you to not develop too much of attachment. Just a thought
I agree that I probably shouldn't have looked up his wife, but at the same time, she tagged him in a photo and that was the only link I had. I actually thought it was his sister. His profile is locked completely besides that one photo. I learned through her, what he is like. If he does end up being my T, I plan on telling him about the picture. I also will tell him he made a mistake on his website.

I don't plan on looking him up again. I was just looking for basic information. Like I said, I look everyone up. But I usually only look once.

With current T, I used to look her up all the time because I wanted to see her pictures. We made a compromise: I no longer look her up and she'd give me a stuffed animal. So I downloaded some pictures of her (just her, not her family), and I've kept to my promise all but one time and that was completely on accident. I haven't looked her up in months. And it reduced my obsession and some anxiety.

Learning that this T is married and has a dog are too very important pieces of information for me.