View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 07, 2019 at 01:04 PM

In a way, I was "sheltered" by my abuse.

My mother wanted to garner sympathy so she would lie about my mental health issues and purposely have me on medicine that I didn't need so I would be easier to control. If I defied her or acted out, she would threaten me with hospitalization (often times even acted on it). She also wouldn't allow me to have friends after I was around 8-9 because she told me how much I am a "danger" to other kids all over a single incident where me and a kid were pretend sword fighting with sticks and I scraped the kid a little bit. She also failed to teach me essential skills like learning how to socialize properly, how to drive, how to cook, ETC... Life has been much harder for me as a result since I've had to figure a lot of things out on my own with nobody to help me.

Even now, I still struggle with self discipline and taking care of some of my basic needs. I also am prone to fits of rage if I don't get something that I want. I've only recently (as in within the last couple of years) learned how to control this when I'm around other people. When I am at home though, something as simple as dying on a video game or getting my headphone cord caught on something when I'm listening to music can set me in a fit of rage.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote