View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 07, 2019 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
Use a grocery store with its own delivery service. You might have to bite the bullet and do without those products you prefer. Remember, they are a preference not a requirement. It is only fair that such adjustments be made.

Another possible solution is to use paratransit. Your mental health might qualify as a disability and thus you could be entitled to transportation. This unfortunately will mean having to rely on their schedule not yours but heck, it is a solution anyway. Also, I wonder if you are on disability or social assistance. Most that I have heard of have a provision for transportation costs. You are still reliant on someone else but, heck too, this is better than what you are doing now right?

I looked into both Amazon Prime Pantry and Walmart's delivery service and both options would be more expensive than the delivery option I'm considering.

As for your other suggestion, disability transit services aren't a viable option because I work and go to school so I can't just work around other people's schedules. If I could, I would just rely on my relative instead. Unfortunately, his schedule is unpredictable since he's both a Limo driver and a delivery driver and he could get called into work at any given moment.

Also, the only public service I'm on is food stamps. I qualified only because they consider only my student job as basis for their low income requirements, despite the fact that I get an extra 2-4 grand a year in financial aid. I told them about my financial aid but they still gave me a pretty sizeable chuck of food stamps. I think there are other people that need such aid a lot more than I do and would rather the help be given to somebody in greater need than I am.

So yeah, I've made up my mind. Going to use up the last of my food stamps this week. I'm not going to renew them. I am going to get a Shipt membership since I qualify for a student discount with them. I should be OK financially. Worst case I tap into a small student loan to cover my other living expensive if it turns out grants/scholarships and my crap pay student job aren't enough on their own.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady