SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah
SarahSweden has no updates.

8 yr Member
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2019 at 05:22 PM

I´m sorry you´re going thorugh this and for what your T did to you, I assume there was an involuntary termination. I go through a similar situation as my T abruptly ended therapy with me in September and as you I think about her every day.

Sometimes there´s grief, sometimes there´s more of anger towards her. But as you describe I saw her as a very important person in my life and as a person who had a lot of good qualities as a therapist and as a human being.

You´re "lucky" to have a new T to talk to about your loss and your grief, me and a lot of other people on this forum are left without any support. Perhaps this new T isn´t that much of a comfort in this heightened grief of yours but in the long run she´ll be.

But I understand the longing and the sad and hard fact that no other will be like your former T. I think there are too many therapists who practise in a reckless way and who first and foremost protect themselves when termination is a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarcejoy View Post
It has been since mid-October since I had my last session with my previous therapist. I still continue to think about her daily. I can't stop myself from thinking about her even if I wanted to. My past therapist is warm and very caring. I learned valuable things such as gratitude and perseverance from her. My past therapist is an inspirational woman. One of the main reasons why I miss her is because I have romantic feelings for her. Being pulled apart from the person I love the most is strenuously difficult to deal with. Not only do I miss talking to her weekly but I miss seeing her too.

I miss seeing that radiant smile that she would welcome me with whenever she opened the door for me to come in. She was the sunshine of my life. In my eyes, she is exceedingly beautiful. Her outfits were so well put together that I see her as glamorous and elegant. She is everything I want in a romantic partner. My past therapist told me that I can email her every 2 months to say how I am doing. I did that about 2-3 weeks ago. I was reflecting about her during New Year's Eve and going into 2019. She was so integral to my life and I find it sad that now she is in the background of my life. I miss having the presence of such a lovely individual in my life. I love her.

I can't stop thinking about her. It is affecting a lot with my new therapist. I know that I have other things that I need to talk about such as my past and why I feel depressed often but I always feel this need to talk about how much I miss my past therapist. My past therapist is the person that I love the most in life. I cannot stop thinking about her even if I wanted to.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote