View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2019 at 05:30 PM

I wasn't spoiled. Parents weren't capable of doing that BUT the sheltered rings true. My mom didn't drive & me parents didn't know people & couldn't drive share anyway. My life was limited to school & the neighborhood I grew up in. My parents led a very sheltered life because of their issues.

The thing is I FOUGHT it & them. I have no idea how I even knew I didn't want to live like them because it was mostly all I ever knew but I sensed there was much more out there than what I was limited to experience. From a young age I felt like being an only child they wanted to keep me their baby & that was the last thing I wanted.

I know that fighting against things I didn't want my life to be like did cause problems in my marriage & other areas of my life. I learned to fight rather than solve my problems rationally which did cause some serious problems until I finally escaped that whole family & marriage environment. It continued to cause some problems until I learned better skills to interface with people with which has only been in the last 11 years....54 years of learning to undo but it has happened with success.

The mind has neuroplasticity & can unlearn & learn new functional ways even at my age.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote