OliverB
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
589 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2019 at 07:16 PM

Have you ever tried st john's wort?

It inhibits dopamine, serotonine, norepinephrine, GABA and glutamate reuptake and has a mild MAOI effect (so you have more of everything), lower inflammatory responses and regulates the cortisol axis. I have found myself more driven to do things while taking it, even if emotionally I don't feel well. It doesn't cause sexual dysfunction as far as I know, It's totally different from any synthetic antidepressant.

It interacts with a lot of meds so if you want to try it you need to ask a doctor first.

Also, there is tianeptine that regulates the glutamate neurotransmission and has some opioid-like activity, It is not approved in all countries.

SSRI and AP caused me severe anhedonia while I was a teen, it took me 3-4 years to recover some normal emotions. Now my depression is "normal" depression (negative emotions) instead of absolutely nothingness about everything (actually, I think it is also the reason why I was so schizoid-like and never had any kind of interest towards my peers, sexual or social interest). I think I haven't fully recovered yet, I don't know if it is even possible since the damage was done while I was a teen.

Meds: bye bye meds
CPTSD and some sort of depression and weird perceptions

"Outwardly: dumbly, I shamble about, a thing that could never have been known as human, a
thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance."
I have no mouth and I must scream -Harlan Ellison-

Last edited by OliverB; Jan 07, 2019 at 07:31 PM..
OliverB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40796, Desoxyn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, Desoxyn