View Single Post
Anonymous40258

Default Jan 07, 2019 at 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
Some people say this would make people lazy. Maybe, maybe not. There's always going to be lazy people, universal income or not.

We're the homeless capital of the world. I'd rather have "lazy" people on universal income than more and more people ending up on living on the streets. They can't make enough to feed, house, and clothe themselves. Everyone should have that.

There's no job security, even with a good paying job. If you lose your house, your job, etc., it's just "too bad". (That's the mindset I see here)
This does make people lazy because people are lazy and this is the natural human way. Bigger game, better dinner, badder doubt. Do less work, make more money. Yet we are all not able to accomplish the 'bigger, better, badder' lifestyle. We don't all aim to accomplish that kind of lifestyle. Often, it is lazy people who are living on the street. Although, I do like what people are capable of performing when that much time is given to them. Marionettes, dance, art, cicustry, painted standing figures, etc. I wonder what kind of opportunities were given to them??

And here, most of the population lives with excess. We can afford to feed, clothe, educate and house the homeless. We should. I thank you. And again, I agree with you noniteowl, there is little job security, more so in newer markets, and that is exactly where we are putting our attention. I can't speak for a high paying job since the most income I have been able to generate would be considered peanuts to some, but competition is a driving force and, unfortunately, is not the only driving force that keeps us at outs.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote