View Single Post
scarcejoy

Member Since Jan 2016
5 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2019 at 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSweden View Post
I´m sorry you´re going thorugh this and for what your T did to you, I assume there was an involuntary termination. I go through a similar situation as my T abruptly ended therapy with me in September and as you I think about her every day.

Sometimes there´s grief, sometimes there´s more of anger towards her. But as you describe I saw her as a very important person in my life and as a person who had a lot of good qualities as a therapist and as a human being.

You´re "lucky" to have a new T to talk to about your loss and your grief, me and a lot of other people on this forum are left without any support. Perhaps this new T isn´t that much of a comfort in this heightened grief of yours but in the long run she´ll be.

But I understand the longing and the sad and hard fact that no other will be like your former T. I think there are too many therapists who practise in a reckless way and who first and foremost protect themselves when termination is a fact.
I really appreciate your concern for me. It makes me less alone as I cope with this issue. I just wanted to point out that my former therapist wasn’t being reckless because they told me 3 months ahead of time and I am not angry at her because we worked in the transition. Sorry if I wasn’t being clear on the termination.
scarcejoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
precaryous