View Single Post
Paracelsus

Member Since Dec 2015
Default Jan 08, 2019 at 06:08 AM

yeah i went from 10 mg lexapro to 15 than 20. it helped for 3-6 months and began to stop working for me. i had an easy time tapering off of it.

for me problems included apathy, loss of interest in sex, dizzyness
benefits included feeling stimulated (first month on it), i was able to naturally build more positive neural pathways to combat anxiety thought responses to physical stimuli, i felt emotionally numbed but grounded and not suicidal (for the first 3-4 months)

all in all it helped, but probably not a magic bullet. none of the ssri's are magic bullets for people with complicated mental health situations (severe cases)

lexapro didnt help with sleep and at first it gave me muscle aches in the thoracic muscle. had to use a thera cane and otc pain relievers.

it's a good drug to buy you time to find better more complete options (switching ssri, adding something, changing dynamics in life, building better habits). it's not great but it's a smart life raft. because life is worth preserving. there is very happy emotions that are just around the corner they just feel far off in the distance
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
still_crazy, yakmom