Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
6,800 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Jan 08, 2019 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2371 View Post
Often, it is lazy people who are living on the street. Although, I do like what people are capable of performing when that much time is given to them. Marionettes, dance, art, cicustry, painted standing figures, etc. I wonder what kind of opportunities were given to them??

And here, most of the population lives with excess. We can afford to feed, clothe, educate and house the homeless. We should. I thank you. And again, I agree with you noniteowl, there is little job security, more so in newer markets, and that is exactly where we are putting our attention. I can't speak for a high paying job since the most income I have been able to generate would be considered peanuts to some, but competition is a driving force and, unfortunately, is not the only driving force that keeps us at outs.
I don't agree that it's mostly lazy people on the street. They are from all walks of life, and there's been a series in our paper about the homeless and their stories. Some are just like most people, except for the lack of shelter. In this country, a hard-working person can become homeless in a blink of an eye---one missed paycheck or one lost job. We have few safety nets here. It is so easy to end up like that if one loses their job and has no back up of any kind, no family, no friends, no one to give a ****. And you know employers don't give people a second thought when they show them the door. They could be putting someone on the street but what do they care?

And, just because one is working does not mean they are not lazy on the job. I've seen this first-hand, as well as from friends who work with people pulling less than their weight...Yet, they are getting paid.

Now with the government shutdown, many people don't know when they will get paid. Or they have to work without pay.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
SprinkL3