View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 08, 2019 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2371 View Post
This does make people lazy because people are lazy and this is the natural human way. Bigger game, better dinner, badder doubt. Do less work, make more money. Yet we are all not able to accomplish the 'bigger, better, badder' lifestyle. We don't all aim to accomplish that kind of lifestyle. Often, it is lazy people who are living on the street. Although, I do like what people are capable of performing when that much time is given to them. Marionettes, dance, art, cicustry, painted standing figures, etc. I wonder what kind of opportunities were given to them??

This sentence rings true in so many ways.

Your "bigger game" mindset that you were describing is exactly what my end goal is in life. I want to make the most possible money with the least amount of work involved. I honestly couldn't care less about contributing to humanity because I know that there are people who are smarter, stronger, and lack my mental health issues doing that job better than I could hope to. My only motive is freedom and pleasure above all else.

I don't think I'm alone in this mindset either. I think we are going through a major paradigm shift right now because more people are waking up and realizing that working for 40-60 hours a week is making them unhappy. Millenials get such crap for being lazy but I think that people are just tired of struggling. There is already a major shortage of qualified people in certain jobs that require 8-12 hours of work each day like nurses, health professionals, firefighters, police, and other jobs that are important for a society to function. Also, there are an abundance of things one can do to make a decent enough living without working more than 30 hours per week that didn't exist 10-20 years ago.

Anyways, I know that I'm rambling at this point my bad haha
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote