View Single Post
PyschCentral_User25

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2019 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenthunderstorm View Post
Why is High school such a vulnerable time for depression and suicidal thoughts these days? Depression seems like it's a trend in highschool. Every other person I bump into is depressed and thinking about killing themself. Am I just like every other kid or is there more going on with me than just adolescent mood swings? I've been feeling depressed since I was 12. I'm almost 16 now. I feel like there's something more going on inside my brain and it makes me feel alone even though so many of my classmates claim to feel the same way. Am I the only kid who truly feels this way?
Hi there,

I'm a high school student myself, and I can relate to you. There are some things I'm going through on my own too -- depression included. You know, I think the older we get, the more we realize that there are others suffering alongside with us, which is the sad thing about mental illness/issues. Sad because so many people suffer from it.

I think depression hits at high school because being the teenagers we are -- a mix of hormones, learning new feelings, all at the same time as our brain is being developed, dealing with social/school/home pressures, makes it really hard. Like, am I good/cool enough to fit in?

Depression is hard, I'm going through it right now too -- at least I feel I do, but hey, you're still here, which is great. You've made it this far. Don't let it get to you. You've got this.

: )
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote