PyschCentral_User25
PyschCentral_User25 has no updates.

5 yr Member
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 08, 2019 at 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
Ok so I am wondering if my issue is all that uncommon.

I'm enrolled in a community college studying web development.

When it comes to testing, I find that if I have to do your standard multiple choice or vocabulary test I don't do too well. On average I get a C or a high D on a test like that. Give me hands on test and I excel. For example, in many of my coding classes, each test is divided into 2 parts; a multiple choice part and a coding part. The multiple choice part is pretty self explanatory where as the coding part involves actually writing code to solve a problem for each question. I always screw up the multiple choice questions but I almost always get an A on the coding tests.

So if I take a class where a big part of the class is dependent on test grades, I outright struggle but I do well on more hands on type classes.

Anybody else have this issue? I am the only one in my classes that seems to do this poorly on tests.
Hey there,

I sort of relate to you, maybe not entirely, but in a way. I mean, there are certain classes where I do better in general (including tests).

I'm also taking web design in high school, we're doing the standard codecademy, but we're also delving into Adobe DreamWeaver and I'm trying to get certified in it. So as far as web design experience, I feel you on that haha.

But in regards to the test -- do your professors make these tests? Remember, professors/teachers in general make tests knowing what they know, and they structure it because they made it. What seems easy/or somewhat easy and challenging for them, may be that way for the professor themselves, and not for the students.

Tests don't always measure you're intelligence too. Sure, you may not do good. But hey -- you're passing them. You're not failing them. Can you do better? I'm sure. If you aren't, there's always time to improve. Maybe you can try talking to your professor. Maybe he/she is making the tests too hard, you know? For all we know, your other peers could be feeling the same way.

I think you're intelligent. If you're able to do hands on tests better, especially where you solve problems with raw code, those are good skills. I often find myself going onto W3Schools to copy some code haha.

But yeah, keep at the amazing work you're doing. Don't be so hard on yourself!
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote