Member Since Apr 2008
747 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2019 at 02:00 PM

Thank you. This is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWBorealis View Post
Its a type of therapy that blends different methods, CBT and bit of psychoanalysis theories (but very lightly) and Gestalt amongst others. In a nut shell, all people learn to experience life through some sort of blueprint or recipe called Schema. These models or Schemas become automatic and get triggered all the time. Some have healthy schemas and they get triggered positively and some learn maladaptive schemeas and get triggered negatively.

Those with maladaptive Schemas are almost boxed in and sadly end up perceiving life through a specific lens, or different lenses simultaneously such as: operating from a defectiveness state of mind or dependent state of mind or a sense of fear of being abandoned or ummm mistrust of others intentions etc. There are 18 Schemas and often people have several maladaptive schemas functioning at once. There are other layers to it as well and it has been developed further, i could keep writing much more but i feel like i will end up writing a college essay haha!

Do look up the link i've sent you in a previous post it is somewhat digested.

This is the introductory book by the psychologist who created this therapy model. It is the older version though without the newer models and layers introduced to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Reinventing-Y.../dp/0452272041

This is the updated model. Schema Therapy : Jeffrey Young : 9780415462990

It's all so fascinating.

You could look up some therapists online that would charge less and possibly be affordable for you?

Do let me know if you want some help looking.

You did say that you are starting therapy though right? What type is it? and Is it your first round at therapy? or have you done it before?

"hugs"
mountainstream is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
BWBorealis