View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jan 09, 2019 at 02:18 PM

Thanks for sharing this. I was an only child. And I had the experience your brother had. It went on for 4 years. Everybody knew what was going on, including my parents. But nobody cared. At one point one of the bullies beat me up breaking my nose. I got blamed for it. I wish I could claim victim status as a result of this experience. But sadly I can't because, over the years, I went on to do even more damage than was done to me. As Leonard Cohen wrote in "Bird on a Wire": I have gored everyone who reached out for me.

I've never told anyone even 1% of all that went on with me. (The bullying was just one part, although probably a significant part.) Even my parents never really knew perhaps in part because they didn't care but also because, over the years, I became expert at secrecy. And now, at this late stage in my life, it's all just too late to bother with & I'm too tired. (Besides nobody else in my life cares still.) I'll take it all with me to the crematorium. I know you wrote that , even as an adult, if your brother is stressed he will suck his thumb in his sleep. I hope that, despite what he endured, life turned out reasonably well for him. My best wishes to you...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006, Anonymous50384, Anonymous55879, Fuzzybear, KYWoman, Open Eyes, SalingerEsme, seeker33

Thanks for this!
KYWoman, SalingerEsme