Comfy Sedation

Member Since Sep 2012
8,149 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2019 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrsken View Post
I hate being schizophrenic but not really because of it directly, but because people are always so mean to me.

They make me cry all day even if they don't say antyhing to me, I just always think of what they said or might be saying while I'm thinking of it. (When I think of them they think of me and since they don't believe me they say mean things and call me names.)

I just came across a barely 15 year-old girl who said her psychiatrist she has seen for only a few weeks told her she was schizophrenic. He didn't even say which type of it it was and explained nothing about it to her. And I asked her, what symptoms do you have? She said she was a normal girl who has just another view on the world than the rest of people. I asked, do you have other symptoms? No, she answered, she has only this one.

Then I told her, maybe you're not schizophrenic, maybe you should not believe everything this professionnal says, maybe you should question this diagnosis. I told her my different experiences with false diagnosis because I wanted to help her finding the right diagnosis. I said sometimes one professionnal can be wrong, especially when they say things without clarifying them to you and just telling "you're schizophrenic" to a young teenager who doesn't see the world as her friends see it it's quite curious and I would not trust that psychiatrist.

I told her it would be interesting to consult other professionnals to see if they agree or not with the previous psychiatrist, because to me it's too hurried to tell this girl she's schizophrenic. She doesn't experience classic symptoms of schizophrenia at all. No positive, no negative symptoms, she says she only has a different view on the world and this doesn't interfere with her daily life at school and all, but according to her an her psychiatrist it is what makes her schizophrenic.

And I felt hurt for I know being schizophrenic is so much more painful and horrible to handle than just that.

But she won't listen to me because I'm always telling sh*tty ***** even though I know I didn't want to do ache to people, I just wanted to help her finding the truth.

But she said she prefers listen to a professionnal than to me, and she also said that a mild form of schizophrenia can exist and therefore she is a mild schizophrenic.

Am I a bad person who hates other people and says sh*tty ***** or are the others bad persons who don't want to believe me?

I just wanted her to know that professionnals can be wrong because they are PEOPLE despite everything and it'd be interesting for her not to believe the first one who comes and says "Hi, you're schizophrenic!" and go consult other psychiatrists. But she seems just fine telling everyone on social media that she's schizophrenic.
have you considered that she might be lying

Thanks for this!
norrsken