View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,513 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 09, 2019 at 08:22 PM

My baby girl made a trip to the vet yesterday. It was the final trip for her kitten package. She's had all her shots and got spayed yesterday. I also had her microchipped.

She won over the staff at the vet's office. They all went on about how sweet she is. She would reach out through the bars of her cage trying to snag people as they walked by. She did the same with me on the ride to the office. I had to drive one handed so I could scratch her through the grate of her carrier.

Surgery meant she was supposed to come home and be quiet for a few days. She didn't read that part of the instructions. I had her in a dog crate in the living room so she could be in the middle of things, but not wrestle with the others. She climbed the sides of the crate, hung from the bars on top, reached out and "wrestled" with Ollie through the bars. I finally let her out. I was afraid she'd hurt herself. She calmed down and went to sleep piled up with the others. She is fine tonight.

I love all my fur babies, but some times one comes along that is special. She is one of the special ones. We have a really strong bond.

I've always said I never had kids out of fear I'd give birth to myself. I was not a bad kid, but I was on the go ALL the time. I was curious and got into things. I was a tomboy. A friend recently pointed out she is a feline version of me. She's right. My little girl is me. Guess I didn't have to give birth to have a "child" just like me.

I do love my little girl.

Last edited by lizardlady; Jan 09, 2019 at 08:38 PM..
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
googley, happysobercrafter, MickeyCheeky, Nammu, Travelinglady, unaluna

Thanks for this!
googley, happysobercrafter, Marla500, MickeyCheeky, Nammu, unaluna