Thread: Stressing Hard
View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jan 10, 2019 at 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
To add about your dilemma I just saw there was a vote to extend funding through September of non essential employees.
I am unfortunately an "essential" employee. The good news is that my agency did find more funds and we will get paid until January 18th.

The bad news is that it is looking like this is going to go a long time.

I am sort of freaking out about the fact that we will not be able to use leave. So not only do I have to work without pay.. I won't be able to take leave? Technically if I take time off, I will be furloughed and I may not get pay. I literally can't work without leave time. Not to mention what happens when it snows.

The options are that (1) we can get unemployment but, if we get paid back, we have to pay the unemployment back; (2) the credit union is offering a 0% loan but it will only be for 60 days.

I seriously feel like it is time to just resign, find a shack in the south, and live off the land in poverty. What is the point of working if it can all be wiped out. I am TIRED of working. SO tired of it... and now, I get the joy of being forced to work every day without leave for zero money?

Man...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
healingme4me, MickeyCheeky