Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,696 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2019 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrad15 View Post
I am just curious, how can you tell if you are overstaying your welcome, especially if your friend still lives with your parents? Sometimes when I am over at a friend’s house, I will help with certain things like setting the table or cleaning up after a dinner if there is one. This helps and they like it when I do this. It is appreciated. But sometimes I wonder if there are times where I could be overstaying my welcome even though I never invite myself.

Anyone know how to tell if someone is subtly sending signals that they need a break from me being over? I’m sure if someone was short with you constantly, that would indicate a sign but if someone is not short with you and hides it, then it may be more difficult. I don’t spend every day there but I just like to be careful at times since we do hang out a few times a week.
I struggle with this myself! It depends on the situation. Such as with my sister friend she doesn't have the clue and don't really care that she overstayed her welcome. Sometime it just little things like coming over multiple times throughout the day and assuming that your welcome over, calling every hour. Ask yourself if your being toxic to the relationship? Or you could ask if they feel that you over welcome your stay? Have they said something to you? Sometime you can tell by telling way person act if they are being cold toward you. It could be a sign.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, rdgrad15