Elio

Member Since Sep 2006
8,779 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 10, 2019 at 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
Can you tell me a little bit more about your part theory experience?
We did not officially follow IFS. As things developed and unfolded for me, I felt like there were 3 distinct younger parts that I referred to as the young boy (~3-4), the older boy (10-13), and the younger girl (11-14). I mapped out my memories/history as well as parts of personality traits that felt like they fit into these ages. Like Lemoncake, I let them each speak as they came out. Similar to DID but not DID (clearly not DID), they each have their own way of speaking and being. I'm fairly sure that my T got good at recognizing which part was presenting at any given time when the dialog was ongoing. For about a year now, the parts have been weird, quiet, different. Now, I am not so sure she is able pick up on when something starts flowing from a specific part. They are not completely gone. They do seem to be more fleeting and maybe even more guarded. So we'll be talking about something and I'll say/feel something that is significantly out of place for the level of emotional intensity of the discussion, as if some part took control of the ship for a moment.

As far as goals around the parts, my T's goal was more about me finding a way to work with the different parts than integration. While integration was a possible so was learning how to talk with each part and work with the parts to meet the needs of being heard by each part and then being able to make informed decisions based on everything.

I'm sorry if this is a bit confusing some of it is hard for me to describe.

Feel free to PM me any questions.
Elio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote