View Single Post
Anonymous57363
Anonymous57363 has no updates. Edit

Default Jan 11, 2019 at 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixielouwho View Post
Hi, is there anyone else who suffers depressed mood mainly in the morning? This has been my most common pattern. I can feel hopeless and despairing in the morning up until early afternoon, feel somewhat better, then almost normal in the evening. Apparently Dr. google says this is a thing, but unsure about treatment options. Since injuring my back I have had some bad evenings too, but mornings are always worse.
Hello Pixielouwho. That's a really good question. I have chronic depression and it can hit me at any time but I had many years of mornings being the worst. My lowest point...so hard to get out of bed. If that is truly what's happening for you and you feel better later, I recommend a few things.

Check on your diet...what's the last thing you eat before night...what do you eat for breakfast...if anything. Perhaps you are running low on nutrients first thing in the morning or even hydration. There is research indicating that malnutrition or dehydration can cause or exacerbate depression.

Any alcohol or caffeine in your diet?

Any thyroid issues? Ever had levels checked?

Vitamin D levels normal? That was a deficiency for me one year. Can cause depression and insomnia.

Hormone imbalance? A wonderful TCM doc has helped me with balancing mine...eliminating migraines and reducing depression and anxiety.

How do you feel about light therapy? I have *not tried it yet myself but I had 2 professors who swore by it particularly in winter with seasonal depression. They used something called a full spectrum bulb in the morning while eating breakfast or preparing for the day.

I have a hunch (though I'm not a doc and nobody on PC can give medical advice) that your issue may be related to something physiological. Could be really helpful to look at diet, sleep, and physical health.

That said, if none of that strikes a chord with you, I recommend talking to an experienced psychotherapist. That has helped with my depression. The drugs never worked for me at all. Coping strategies can be so beneficial.

peace and healing energy to you
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
pixielouwho