View Single Post
BWBorealis

Member Since Dec 2018
11 hugs
given
Default Jan 11, 2019 at 03:35 PM

Hey fuzzybear. Not a big fan of groups either.

hmm I can send you the links that i have regarding Schema Therapy.

You could start reading the summary version on this first - its digested so it's not going to be deep i think it's possibly used after one gets familiar with is either through books or through lessons with a therapist. (1) Schema Theory - click on the three links on the side in light blue to open up more details.

But i actually suggest reading those two books - beginning with the first one
(1) Reinventing Your Life: The Breakthrough Program to End Negative Behavior and Feel Great Again: Jeffrey E. Young, Janet S. Klosko, Aaron T. Beck: 9780452272040: Amazon.com: Books
(2) Amazon.com: Schema Therapy: Distinctive Features (CBT Distinctive Features) (9780415462990): Eshkol Rafaeli, David P. Bernstein, Jeffrey Young: Books

Basically that's how i started followed by therapy with a Schema therapist. I've only been in sessions for a little over two months and have been on a long break since the beginning of December and will resume next week.

But i feel like it has lots of potential for me and i think progress is about learning new skills which are mainly healthy coping skills and replacing hard wired unhealthy ones.

I'm not familiar with DBT on a therapeutic level but i have heard of the modality and that is was created specifically for people with BPD by someone who actually has BPD.

I think that a therapist is essential fuzzybear. If you could get in contact with someone who does Schema Therapy in your town or even online, it would start a new path for you.

Anyway, let me know if you need any clarification or whatever. Just give me a shout.

Black & White Borealis

"The world history of emotions: not to pay attention is not to be immune"
BWBorealis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, Fuzzybear