View Single Post
LucyD
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jan 11, 2019 at 06:09 PM

I have a problem with alchohol and should not drink because of my liver. My addiction to it at times makes me ignore this fact. Sometimes I tell myself your liver isn't that bad yet. I have Cirrhosis--not sure what stage yet as they haven't been able to figure it yet. So I tell myself maybe it's in it's earliest stage and I can still drink. If that is so then it's going to get worse faster so why do I still drink? I have an addiction to it.

I quit alchohol from 1986 to 2006; almost 20 years and why I picked it back up I don't know but IT along with Fatty Liver disease, medications too made me get to cirrhosis. I may seem really stupid but I'm not. Yet in a way addiction makes me really stupid in this regard to drinking.

I went to AA for 4 years and still stayed sober for another 15. I didn't like AA and still don't like it for many reasons but mainly not getting along with some of the people and the way they treat people. I don't want to go back there. My psychiatrist has suggested in patient treatment but right now I have no means to get there. I asked him for the medication Camprol which once before helped me to not drink. He would not prescribe it unless I go to the inpatient treatment.

I feel I'm in a dillemna. I don't know what to do any more. The longest I've gone without alcohol in awhile is 2 weeks. I have changed to lite beer when I drink because of lower alcohol content. I bet no one has any answers for me but I'll post this anyways just in case.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky, Mopey, shezbut

Thanks for this!
bizi, MickeyCheeky