Thread: Alcoholism
View Single Post
Anonymous46978

Default Jan 11, 2019 at 07:25 PM

I also have Child-Pugh C Cirrhosis which was diagnosed secondary to alcohol which was complicated by a ventilator associated Klebsiella pneumonia after being admitted to ICU for liver failure following a 2 month stay in rehabilitation for learning to talk, walk and various other things people take for granted.

I drank for 20 years everyday like clockwork. I'm not entirely happy to be alive because of my personality type and to be quite honest, just sick and tired of people's lies and government bureaucracy.

Since then I'm on strong painkillers and a heap of other medication that makes me "foggy" and confused 45% of the day.

Apart from my questionable education, I'm actually quite intelligent. But the psychiatrist drugs they try to push for other reasons just create more fatty tissue in my liver.

Mind you chronic pain followed..

I've been sober for two years but I thought what the heck, let's make this cannabis really light up with some Vodka...months later, it became once a week, then I became homeless a dealt with my abandonment with beer...

I woke up this morning wanting to quit with medication (Campral) but the thought of the agonising boredom with noisy housemates I'm afraid just like you.

The one thing that kept me sober for that time was the one thing the doctors took away- Oxycodone.

I agree about AA. It's just full of triggers and *gulp* opportunity''

I need to find another habit
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, LucyD, MickeyCheeky, shezbut

Thanks for this!
bizi, LucyD, MickeyCheeky