View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jan 11, 2019 at 07:58 PM

Welcome to Psych Central, blubbermouth. Thank you for sharing your concern here on PC.

I don't know as there is a lot I can offer here beyond simply reinforcing what other members have already written. From my perspective, I think the first step is really to have yourself thoroughly checked out medically before you assume this must be a mental health issue. I'm neither a mental health nor a medical professional. So all I can offer you is my personal opinion.

So personally... I would like to suggest that, while you may want to start out with your regular general practice doctor, I at least would not leave it at that. Doctors can be wrong just like anyone else. And no doctor can be expert at everything. I see you list yourself as living in Australia. I don't know what kinds of medical centers are available to you there. Here where I live we have the Mayo Clinic which is a place people sometimes go when they need really special care. (People fly in to the Mayo Clinic from all over the world.) I presume that level of care must also be available in Australia. It may be that what is going on with you is going to take some digging to figure out. And it's possible finding the answers is going to require some specialized expertise.

Once you've had yourself thoroughly checked out medically, if no reason for what you're experiencing can be found, then perhaps you have to consider that what you're experiencing is mental health related. Yes, depression & anxiety can certainly produce the kinds of experiences you're having. However, from what you wrote, it sounds as though the level of difficulty you're experiencing came sort-of "out of nowhere", so to speak. And it has, apparently, had a profound effect on your mental capacity.

I know that, in posting here on PC, you were hoping for a link to something you could investigate that might help you to understand what's going on. But what I would like to suggest to you is that figuring out what's going on with you is a job for skilled medical & / or mental health professionals. Yes, one does occasionally hear of people who were finally able to diagnose themselves via the internet when the professionals had been unable to do so. But I myself, at least, have to believe these kinds of occurrences are the exception rather than the rule. And even in these kinds of cases, the person who ultimately diagnosed themselves (if in fact they did) probably had seen & had the benefit of having had a lot of medical & / or mental health services as well. So, at least from my perspective, that is the place to start & as soon as possible.

Anyway... these are my thoughts with regard to your post. I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
_blubbermouth_