View Single Post
butterfly_angel

Member Since Nov 2013
Default Jan 11, 2019 at 10:52 PM

In late August my ob/gyn prescribed Nuva Ring, a hormonal birth control similar to the pill because of irregular cycles associated with PCOS. Well, in the months since then, my anxiety has dramatically increased from where I feel a little jittery sometimes to where it is constant (with peaks sometimes) & has began to affect me in every day life and in my interactions with others (constantly nervous/on edge, hyperviligence, minor conflicts causing catastrophic thinking & panic attacks, clinginess/needing reassurance, & control issues), which just isn't me. I didn't make the connection until my mom pointed out that it began around the time I started Nuva Ring. The only other thing I think of which has changed in my environment is starting college & I do use an inhaled cortisteroid for asthma but the steroid usually doesn't increase my anxiety that much & I'm in counseling for stress related to college. Has anyone else had problems with hormonal birth control causing or worsening anxiety? Does anyone know which of the hormones, estrogen or progresterone may be the culprit? Any suggestions? Also, has anyone had any experience with the progesterone only (mini pill)?

Current Meds/Supplements
Wellbutrin XL 300mg, 100mg of 5-HTP, B-Complex Vitamin, & 2000mg Omega-3 fish oil in AM, Melatonin 6mg at bedtime

I've literally tried just about everything from A(mbien) to Z(oloft, just ask me if you have questions about my experiences!
butterfly_angel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Anonymous57363, possum220