Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Jan 12, 2019 at 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabytesteve View Post
I also have Child-Pugh C Cirrhosis which was diagnosed secondary to alcohol which was complicated by a ventilator associated Klebsiella pneumonia after being admitted to ICU for liver failure following a 2 month stay in rehabilitation for learning to talk, walk and various other things people take for granted.

I drank for 20 years everyday like clockwork. I'm not entirely happy to be alive because of my personality type and to be quite honest, just sick and tired of people's lies and government bureaucracy.

Since then I'm on strong painkillers and a heap of other medication that makes me "foggy" and confused 45% of the day.

Apart from my questionable education, I'm actually quite intelligent. But the psychiatrist drugs they try to push for other reasons just create more fatty tissue in my liver.

Mind you chronic pain followed..

I've been sober for two years but I thought what the heck, let's make this cannabis really light up with some Vodka...months later, it became once a week, then I became homeless a dealt with my abandonment with beer...

I woke up this morning wanting to quit with medication (Campral) but the thought of the agonising boredom with noisy housemates I'm afraid just like you.

The one thing that kept me sober for that time was the one thing the doctors took away- Oxycodone.

I agree about AA. It's just full of triggers and *gulp* opportunity''

I need to find another habit
I'm sorry you have that form of Cirrhosis. This is the first I have heard of it. Sounds like you really struggle, too. I took an opiode for pain, too. I am off of it for some years now but that was hard to get off of, too. I couldn't get the opiodes long term though or I may still be on it.

I have been thinking of getting interested in something to replace alcohol, but don't know what that would be yet. I used to draw but since taking psyche meds. have little desire to. I feel my talent is probably gone.

Yeah, AA helped me for awhile but it got me so annoyed after awhile. I know there must be some form of help out there. Maybe I should get a book on alchoholism--a workbook of some sort if there is one out there.

Thanks for sharing about you. Maybe there are better times ahead for folks like us, I don't know, just hoping.

PS. I just looked Alcoholism Workbooks up and came up with this and I bought one for only $6.13:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...lism+workbooks

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,

Last edited by LucyD; Jan 12, 2019 at 01:13 AM..
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
bizi, MickeyCheeky