Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2019 at 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Butterfly88 View Post
I have high functioning autism in addition to OCD and PTSD. Am currently taking Lamictal, Geodon, Inderal, and Xanax. Not sure what's doing what but it seems to work to an extent. For OCD exposure therapy helped, in my case I repressed my early childhood trauma and had exposure therapy for OCD before I was diagnosed with PTSD, PTSD hit later. Though exposure therapy is better for obsessive behaviors versus obsessive thoughts, at the time I had it I was washing my hands so much they became chapped. Currently I go to therapy at a PTSD center, we just talk about the trauma and it helps somewhat but not as much as I'd like it to.
I wish we had a PTSD Center here. Seems like recovery for it takes a long time. I used to take Inderal for nightmares but stopped because of a side effect. I've also taken Geodon and for a long time. It helped but caused me side effects I'd rather not have. I was allergic to Lamictal; gave me hives. Everyone is different though and some things work for some. I hope your recovery continues even though it is going slow.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88

Thanks for this!
88Butterfly88