Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2019 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
I'm so sorry, LucyD Giving up alcohol is certainly not easy. Please don't give up. From what you wrote, it sounds like you're really trying your best, and that's good. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll be able to quit sooner or later: you've already been able to stay sober for 20 years! That's a huge accomplishment, please recognize that. And I'm sure you can accomplish it again. Do you remember what made you quit alcohol the first time around? Maybe that could help. Please don't be so hard on yourself, you're not stupid at all. This is just the way alcohol works. It's not your fault. Wish you good luck! Let us know how it goes. Sending many hugs to you
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the supportive message. I'm trying to recall what made me quit when I did it for almost 20 years. Getting old now and my memory is not the best. I didn't let anything make me drink for that long, though. I ordered an alcoholism workbook for cheap and will get it this month hopefully. I'm going to ask the shrink for the Camprol again. I'll see him in 5 days. Maybe if he says "no" again I will ask my Internist. He is really, really nice. Taking my risperdal to keep my mood stable and it helps some but other symptoms are annoying to say the least. I don't have to drink over them, though. I don't know anymore, just trying to get through each day as it appears. Thank you for your positive feedback, I needed that today.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
bizi, MickeyCheeky