View Single Post
Anonymous43949

Default Jan 12, 2019 at 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Is this a legit thing? or just a theory? Do you know if the person who stared at you has an actual personality disorder like narcissim?
Do you mean the narcissistic stare, is this a theory? If you google it, there are many articles/ research on the stares of people with personality disorders, including narcissists. But I don't think the term "narcissistic stare" has been officially approved in the psychology sector.

Regarding the person who actually stares at me, I am not talking about a third party in theory. This is the person who emotionally abused me for years, so yes, this is a narcissist I know personally.

In other words, I didn't jump to a conclusion that she is a narcissist just because she was staring at me. It would not be reasonable for anyone to isolate one symptom and jump to a conclusion. Sometimes, it takes years of seeing the patterns to know a person. So in my case, the person I know to be a narcissist, was staring at me.

I've been advised to build a stronger internal wall so I don't let it bother me. It's easier said than done.

Sarah, what would you do in my situation to not let something like this bother you? I know some people have thicker skins but I am not quite there yet, so please be gracious in your response.

Last edited by Anonymous43949; Jan 12, 2019 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: add smile
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote