View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Heart Jan 12, 2019 at 02:01 PM

Physical activity used to be hugely important to me. It raised my energy level enough to cope with some horrible life circumstances. Then I seemed to have a few years of intermittent injuries or illnesses.

Now I have the fantasy that I'm still fit, but I'm actually not.
I would like some support for enjoying physical activity again. I'm not really sure what I'm able to do: body and energy level certainly declining. I would like to find something to do because I love being in my body...

So far this year I signed up for two classes - badminton and flow yoga - then found that one takes place on a night that I have a commitment and the other is freaking impossible to get to without your own transport.

I know I can do this. I do exercises most days. More energetic stuff I need to build up and be sensitive to my limitations.

There is some sort of inner conflict involved, as in "I want to be loved for myself, not just because I'm energetic and slim". "I'm tired of doing what is good for me".

I do love to dance, but it's ages since I found a peer group that dances informally - so that is another missing pleasure.

Hope it would be ok to use this thread occasionally as a check-in with anyone else participating who feels moved to do so?

Saidso
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks, Travelinglady, unaluna