Wise Elder

amandalouise has no updates.

15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2019 at 05:09 PM

yes recovery is possible.

example when a person no longer is having nightmares, flashbacks panic attacks due to the trauma they went through or witnessed here in my location they are considered to be recovered/ healed / cured what ever wording you use.

thats not saying a person cant have a new trauma happen and not go though PTSD problems.

it just means that in life people go through things. they learn how to handle their trauma's and witnessing the trauma and then problems due to that sit and when they no longer have problems due to that situation they are considered recovered.

example when I stopped having nightmares, flashbacks, panic attacks, depression and other PTSD symptoms due to my long term trauma in childhood I was considered by medical and mental health standards healed, recovered.

then as an adult I witnessed a work related trauma which caused me to go through a fresh batch of nightmares, panic attacks and flashbacks.depression and other PTSD symptoms. when I was no longer having these problems due to the work related trauma I was by medical and mental health standards recovered/ cured/ healed.

At the moment because I am not having any PTSD symptoms due to any past or present trauma I am considered recovered.

my suggestion is talk with your treatment providers they will explain to you based on what your location considers recovery from mental problems, whether its possible for you to recover.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
KD1980

Thanks for this!
OliverB